injection mould manufacturing can be roughly divided into the following steps:
Before designing the injection mould, the designer should fully analyze and study whether the plastic product conforms to the injection moulding processing principle, and needs to negotiate carefully with the product designer, and a consensus has been reached. This includes necessary discussions on the geometric shape, dimensional accuracy and appearance requirements of the product, and try to avoid unnecessary complexity in mold manufacturing.
A set of high-quality molds not only requires good processing equipment and skilled mold manufacturing workers, but also a very important factor is to have good mold design, especially for complex molds, the quality of injection mould design accounts for the quality of the mold. more than 80%. An excellent mold design: on the premise of meeting the requirements of customers, the processing cost is low, the processing difficulty is small, and the processing time is short.
To do this, it is necessary not only to fully digest the requirements of the guests, but also to have an understanding of the injection moulding machine, mold structure, processing technology and the processing capacity of the mold factory itself. Therefore, to improve the level of mold design, the following points should be done:
1. Understand every detail in the design of each mold, and understand the purpose of each part in the mold.
2. When designing, refer to the previous similar designs, and understand the situation of injection mould processing and product production, and learn from the experience and lessons.
3. Learn more about the working process of the injection moulding machine to deepen the relationship between the mold and the injection moulding machine.
4. Go to the factory to understand the process of processed products, and understand the characteristics and limitations of each type of processing.
5. Understand the test results and mold modification of the mold designed by yourself, and learn from it.
6. Try to use the more successful mold structure in the design.
7. Learn more about the influence of injection mould water on products.
8. Study some special mold structures and understand the latest mold technology.
In the selection of mold materials, in addition to considering the accuracy and quality of the product, it is also necessary to give the correct choice in combination with the actual ability of the mold factory's processing and heat treatment. In addition, in order to shorten the manufacturing cycle, the existing standard parts are used as much as possible.
In addition to giving the best structure and reasonable tolerance in the design, the precision of the mold is very important for the machining of parts and the assembly of the mold. Therefore, the choice of machining accuracy and machining method occupies an absolute dominant position in mold manufacturing.
A set of molds is only 70% to 80% of the entire manufacturing process from the start of design to the completion of assembly. For the error caused by the inconsistency between the predetermined shrinkage and the actual shrinkage, whether the demoulding is successful or not, how is the cooling effect, especially the influence of the size, position and shape of the gate on the accuracy and appearance of the product, it must be tested by mold trial. Therefore, mold trial is an indispensable step to check whether the injection mould is qualified and choose the best molding process.