1. The cost is low, and it is more suitable for the production of raw materials for disposable medical machinery, which can save the whole process of repeated disinfection and sterilization.
2. The production and processing of medical plastic injection are simple and clear. With feature of good plastic deformation, it can be produced and processed into a variety of effective structures, which metal materials and laminated glass are more difficult to achieve.
3. Sturdy, malleable, not as fragile as laminated glass.
4. It has good organic chemical plasticity and safety factor of biological products.
1. Polyethylene (PVC)
At this stage, for the plastic product of medical injection molding, PVC accounts for 25% in the industry market. The main reason is that the cost of PVC is low, the application area is common, and the production and processing are very easy. The PVC products used in the medical industry include: blood purification pipes, breathing masks, oxygen suction pipes, etc.
2. High pressure polyethylene (PE)
UHDPE has characteristics of high compressive strength, low friction coefficient, ground stress crack resistance and dry cracking energy absorption, making it a good material for synthetic hip, knee and shoulder connectors.
3. Polypropylene (PP)
Medical PP has high definition, high barrier to dry cracking and radiation hazard, making it widely used in medical equipment and packaging industries.
4. Polystyrene particles (PS) and K epoxy resin
PS is usually used as two-component plastic for production, processing and application in medical molding. The main features of it are light weight, full transparency, easy coloring, good extrusion molding production and processing properties.
K epoxy resin is made of butadiene and ethylene polymer. It is a non-molding polymer, completely transparent, odorless, non-toxic, and has a relative density of about 1.01g/cm3 (lower than that of PS and AS). The light transmittance (80-90%) is good and the thermal deformation temperature is 77 °C. Different ethylene components K material contains, the strength is also different. With good flowability and wide production and processing temperature range, so it has great production and processing properties.
5. Acrylonitrile-ethylene-ethylene polymer (ABS) for medical plastic injection molding
ABS has good stiffness, strength, impact resistance and solvent resistance, radiation resistance and ethylene oxide resistance. ABS is mainly used in medical equipment for surgical special tools, roller pliers, plastic needles, special tool boxes, clinical diagnostic components and hearing aid casings, especially for many large and medium-sized medical equipment casings.